Thursday 7 April 2011

Latest arrivals...

Two new items of rolling stock for the expanding fleet...

The guards van is for Elly's birthday this summer but was very well priced, mint condition and never run! This will be used 'out the box'.

The coach is to be repainted into the EJ&KLR corporate olive green at some point although it's a tough decision as it does look great in the crimson and cream Deutsche Reichsbahn livery. Again VERY well priced and in mint un-run condition although the box is tired at one end.

I'm hoping to find an open wagon, van and stake wagon before the summer.

2 comments:

  1. Love the DR coach - was this the one recently on ebay? I nearly put a bid in for this one! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it's the one from Ebay - it went for just over £50 in the end. The van didn't get any bids so I spoke to the seller in person and did a deal on the pair of them :)

    It's lovely - sat on my shelf whilst I'm working on another project for the next week. I've got all the transfers and paint to turn it in to do a custom paint job on her (olive green) but I'm not sure I can 'spoil' her yet. Compared to the OBB bogie coaches I got recently this is box fresh!

    ReplyDelete