Thursday 19 January 2012

Roll-wagen rolls...

Tonight another milestone on my scratch built roll-wagen project, I've fitted the bogies to the chassis!

The cross beams are 3mm thick plasticard, to which a 5mm length of 5mm diameter plastic tube is stuck. The bogies then have a stretcher bar glued into their frames with a 5mm hole drilled through. They then simply slot together. The black plasticard means I can get away without painting the rubbing surfaces.

So onto the test track and it rolls easily and into and out of the R1 curve with no problem. You can hear the wheels slightly rubbing but it's not designed for R1s so I'm happy with that. Even better the height above rail is spot on the drawing I based the model on!

Next up working out how to do the coupling bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment