Wednesday 12 September 2012

Just bogies and lights...

This evening I fitted the second side of glazing. Oddly, this side was slightly too small, as in it wouldn't wedge in so they were stuck in with a bit of gloss varnish.

I then moved on to the chassis and fitted the speaker grill, brake pipes, couplings and mounted the chip to the chassis with the screws supplied.

Then back onto the body and I fitted the light surrounds and glazing after painting the former in silver. Seeing how visible the LED will be behind has me thinking about a better lighting solution so for now they're not fitted.

I then put the chassis and body together and screwed the pair firmly fixed. The last job is to paint the wheel faces on the drivers side, and to spray the bogies satin black before fitting them. Still on track for a first 'finished' play this weekend on the EJ&KLR

No comments:

Post a Comment