Wednesday 15 May 2013

Kof in orange...

Slow and steady wins the day so another night and another colour. First I masked off the cab sides though, as there will be warning stickers because of the engines remote control capability (as per the Zillertal prototype). These were done using B&Q premium masking tape, a glass clip frame and a metal rule.

The Humbrol gloss orange was lightly thinned and applied by airbrush in two light coats. What I live is how it hi-lights the creases on the panels on the bonnet doors, less happy with how it hi-lights the imperfections where I've not quite smoothed after filling or removing the original moulded detail!

Next up will be grey, and masking will involve the bonnet so I can do the grill, and the bufferbeams so I can do the chevrons. Then transfers, detail painting, varnish, etched plates and assembly!

No comments:

Post a Comment