Monday 20 May 2013

Standard gauge interchange...

It's been a scribble in my notebook since a holiday last November, and I've posted before about Roll-wagen interchange points on the blog but today the idea got one step closer as some Peco Code 220 45mm track arrived. My plan was to use this for the narrow gauge track. I have also hopefully sourced a short length of Gauge 3 track to use for the other part...
The initial idea is to just build the standard gauge interchange as part of the Narrow Gauge Railway Modellers forum challenge - I'd have an A4 piece of paper to fit all the relevant details in, which seems do-able, and then I can use this on a future project. The only complication I can envisage at this stage is determining what height difference to use as my current roll-wagen is not functional so can't be loaded and un-loaded. If I build a second I'd look to make this possible, but that might mean fabrication in brass and I don't know what proportions I can get in I beams in that material - so perhaps a little more thinking before I make a start...
An idea is born...

No comments:

Post a Comment