Friday 23 December 2011

From toy to train...

I'm very happy...

It's been some time coming but I'm on the verge of weathering a G scale model!

What brought on this abrupt U-turn in policy? The Rugens...

I bought mine in good second or third hand condition. It looked brutish and chunky but the glossy finish screamed toy...

I had big plans, to convert it to a tank but as yet these haven't come to fruition...

However a change of identity and a general improvement over many aspects of the finish have transformed this big kids toy into a train, at least in my eyes.

The finishing touch? Painting the wheel edges and centres with Humbrol Satin 174 red. 20 minutes work and a massive visual difference. Now to roll it out on the Frank S conversion and U-tank...

But yes, back to the original point... The wheels have lifted the model so much it feels it's crying out for some subtle weathering...

No comments:

Post a Comment