So this evening I was determined to make some real and visible progress on my roll-wagen project. I decided to start with fabricating the locking chocks. These are two pieces of 60 thou plasticard glued to a chock made from 120thou plasticard, all glued permanently into position as this wagon is not envisaged to be a working model, so robustness is more important.
Once these were in position I decided to do something about the white rimmed wheels on the OBB standard gauge wagon I have as a load. These were cleaned up by scraping the white rim off, then sprayed with rattle can Matt black. Some scraped off when fitting but since I have some other details to touch up that's no problem.
The wagon looked much better but just felt naked without it's brakes do these were carved off the LGB pivoting plates and superglued into position, trying to get some contact with the wheel to suggest they have been applied.
So all in a productive evening's modelling. I'm looking forward to the finishing details on the roll-wagen now so I can get it painted!