Sunday, 31 March 2013
After building the Lxd2 last year I have fancied doing another big Eastern European narrow gauge diesel, and although far from perfect it is a possible use, similar in style to LGB rubber ruler designs. A body would be fairly easy to fabricate in plasticard and the lighting could be reused, along with details like the buffers and wipers. Hmm a long slow burn project though I imagine!
Scribbled by James H at 16:27
Wednesday, 27 March 2013
I used my usual B&Q premium masking tape, cut on a glass picture frame with a knife and steel rule to prepare the V stripes at each end.
The Humbrol silver paint was lightly thinned and airbrushed surprisingly well. In this light the finish looks blotchy but that will disappear as it is only a variation in the gloss finish, a I will apply satin varnish after I apply the transfers and paint the door handles and buffers.
I also have painted the roof of the LGB/Liliput diesel bash silver as well.
Scribbled by James H at 22:16
Tuesday, 19 March 2013
I got a new airbrush to replace my old worn out one at Christmas so put that to good use spraying Humbrol 221 (Satin Garter Blue) along the sole bars and nose. I will mask the V stripe on each nose before spraying the body in silver.
I also took delivery of another set if transfers from Precision Labels. John printed these from artwork I prepared, excellent finish and quick turn around as usual! Notice the black transfers, aimed at the railbus, and the Syldavian duck logo from Tintin, which will make appearances on selected EJ&KLR rolling stock in the present refurb cycle!
Scribbled by James H at 20:54