Saturday 11 February 2012

Rolling on the big wheels...

Thanks to Tony I sourced a pair of Bachmann 'Emily's coach' wheels.

These arrived today and I brought them over, with the Roll-wagen to Chester and the EJ&KLR. To fit them I've removed the LGB pivoting mounting, and then eased out the wheels on the axles until they were a tight fit between the wheel faces and the axle boxes, not prototypical but it serves two purposes, one it keeps them from turning so the load can't roll off, and second means I don't need to fabricate new axles or move the existing axle boxes out.

Obviously these need painting and I need to cut the brake blocks off the LGB pivot things and fit them in line with the wheels but it's looking good so far and raises the theoretically standard gauge wagon a bit higher and with obviously larger wheels!

No comments:

Post a Comment