Tuesday 12 January 2016

O&K fettling...

Well as is usual for me - the very least my little O&K was going to get was some minor fettling...

This evening I dug out the satin red and satin black paint. First up was painting the rims (not the tyres!) of the wheels satin red - this makes a big visual difference, so despite the large flanges still being bright silver, it certainly helps reduce the toy appearance of the model. Secondly I used the red to paint the green clips and black screws in the buffer beam at the back under the cab. Finally I touched in the smokebox door handle in red.

The black was used to paint the brass coloured rod that connected the steam feed from the dome to the cylinders to the controls in the cab. I also used the black to paint the red section on the top of the rear coupling.

The big question is what next... I originally intended a repaint but I quite like the base colours. I am planning on doing some etched works and line plates, and could change KJF to KJE quite easily...
I need to check, but I think the underside of the cab roof, and possibly the cab inside front spectacle plate would have been cream or light grey. Then some light weathering perhaps? More soon...








No comments:

Post a Comment