Wednesday 27 April 2011

Station planning...

I've spent the last few days mulling over the station, you see at the weekend I knocked up a cardboard mock up of the original plans - and it just didn't look right. It neither had the presence, or the right feel for the line. Then Mum mentioned about McBride station in British Columbia and her fond memories of our family trips to Canada. I took a look, and scoured my collection of Austrian Narrow Gauge images and have combined the styles to come up with something that just about pulls off both! Funny actually it's got a bit of the 'house style' of the engine shed to it as well. Designed to be constructed from 6, 9 and 12mm MDF I'll hopefully get a chance to start on it in the next few weeks. Construction will follow my tried and tested techniques, honed on the engine shed build - full progress will be tracked on here, as usual.

As an aside, all the gravel, sand, mortar and top soil will be delivered to Chester tomorrow to allow more progress this weekend, and I've been investigating track ballast options thanks to the kind chaps on G-scale Central.

No comments:

Post a Comment