Saturday 2 April 2011

Trial assembly...

We woke at Mum's this morning to dry weather and decided it worth doing a trial assembly of the outdoor line.

So you can see I was ably assisted by my daughter Elly who had the honour of running the first train. It was wonderful to see the diminutive starter set train making it's way around the flowing curves of the railway.

We also dug out Dad's Shay. Running that was quite emotional, I think it meant a lot to Mum, my brother and I. Sounded great with it's sound card, and looked so much better on the R2 minimum radius of this line.

Progress has been made on clearing the old conifers, with just the tree like one to come out now, but we may need a subtle adjustment of position to clear the roots.

Tomorrow I hope to fell the tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment