Thursday 26 May 2011

The Pieseltalbahn...

This evening whilst browsing YouTube for Austrian narrow gauge videos I stumbled upon a film I originally viewed back in February. I remember then being impressed with the filming and mixing of real sounds into a garden railway video, and the effect was magical. It helps that the OBB 2095 (whizzy cranks) is a favourite of mine too...



The video is the work of the father-son combination that run the website www.thefunnyman.nl which is well worth a browse as they offer a full English language site.

Watching again has me running through in my head some of the details I'd like to add to the finished railway, but I need to start with the station building and platform - something I hope to start perhaps this bank holiday.

2 comments:

  1. Hi James,

    Thanks for your kind words and the mentioning on your blog. We hope to do some more filming this summer, time and weather permitting. We'll keep you posted. The best of luck with the EJ&KLR!

    Regards,
    Roel Noorman, The Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roel - great to hear from you and I look forward to seeing further films this summer!

    ReplyDelete