Sunday 15 May 2011

Ballast therapy...

I visited Chester today after being on holiday last week for my brothers wedding. It was emotional and I missed Dad. I decided to see if I could get some ballast material from our local garden centre. They had three bags of coarse grit for a tenner!

Anyhow started laying it with the intention of just doing the embankment that had survived rain all week but I didn't want to push our luck any further. Mum and I kind of got carried away though and ended up finishing! I also cut down a short straight to complete the passing loop. We then started laying out the plants bought already and then planted them.

So what do you think?

I'm really pleased. I think it looks wonderful. The ballast has transformed the look!! Dad would be proud...

3 comments:

  1. Good going James, it certainly looks the part.
    I'm sure your Dad really would be impressed and look and smile with a proud feeling with what you have achieved. Will be nice to see some stock on there when you are next working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jam - yes it will. I wonder if my tank engine conversion will be in a run-able state by then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. James, that is looking very nice... I've just seen a real advantage to this scale - remember the fun I had ballasting my OO scenic plank - lummy it looks so much easier here - well done for the progress... trains running soon I hope. It did rain last week didn't it - I was in Chester and got a bit wet whilst out for a walk near Rowton on Tuesday - Wednesday evening nice though. I'm sure, as Jam said, your Dad'd be proud... and wanting to see the trains run.
    BRs... Jon

    ReplyDelete