Wednesday 15 June 2011

Slow but steady progress on Frank S...

After getting a second coat of satin black on Henrik last night this evening I fired up the trustee airbrush for a quick coat of gloss varnish where I'll be adding the transfers. They'll be on Friday night, and I might have a chance to get it satin varnished on Friday too, otherwise he won't be visiting Chester this weekend for Father's Day and will gave to wait to the following weekend when I'm in Chester for what was Dad's birthday.

Oh how the last 6 months seem to have gone by so quick yet it feels like Dad's been gone much longer. His memory lives on for me on these models...

2 comments:

  1. James - posted on an entry (two back) - repeat: James, that does look very nice. The smoke box already seems to have a glossy finish... did you mask this first?

    OK... but now it looks very nice indeed.
    As for the last twelve months; it can be hard, but you've done so much and it will be so worth it - remember, apart from everything else, there's those summer evenings (summer - yes, we'll have one again) with a beer and burger watching the trains go by - it'll be great!

    Oh... and a request: I wanted to go back and ask about the resin rivets.... did your pack cover a variety of rivets and fasteners? I was considering the pack with just the 0.008" (0.2mm) rivets as a) these are available, and b) I thought they might be right for what I need - but before I made an outlay... I thought I'd ask you as you'd played with these.
    Right - back to the permanent way work on my boys' 8x4 roundy... and back to adding the filler caps to my deltic fuel tanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went for the 'Bridge rivets in 7mm' scale - they were 0.9mm IIRC but they work out smaller as they're a little flatter than some. 0.2mm might be ok, but might disappear in the painting/weathering process.

    Good luck on the 8x4 :) Start them young. Elly's got two trainsets (one OO and one G!)

    ReplyDelete