Wednesday 22 June 2011

Coal and driver...

If you remember I removed the original LGB hunched back driver from the Frank S cab before painting. I sourced a replacement Bachmann Scenecraft crew from Jeremy at Dragon G-scale (http://www.dragon-scale.co.uk) and this evening have chopped down the drivers legs a touch and glued him in. I fear I can't fit a fireman if I want to be able to keep access to the isolation switch in the firebox!

I also smashed up a lump of real coal this evening and have painted some PVA glue in the bunker and then first placed some bigger lumps into the glue before shaking on some dust to fill the gaps. It means the coal level us some way below the top edge as otherwise it would spill onto the window ledges but it looks good and at least there is something in there to suggest a larger load!

I'm just waiting on the etched works plates from Steve at Narrow Planet now to finish Henrik off for good, just need to make up a box to protect him!

No comments:

Post a Comment