Wednesday 23 May 2012

Blauturm Faur box unpacked...

Well I've not had much time to digest and work out the contents or assembly yet but here are what you get in the box...

A set of detailing and smaller parts. Rene has assembled the side frames and bent the cab roof sections.

The motor bogies, initially we thought these might be USA trains, but on closer inspection I wonder if Rene handcrafts them?

Then a big set of flat styrene. This is cleanly cut from a variety of thicknesses.

Finally a set of exploded drawings with notes on them in German. I'll use Google translate to understand these before work starts.

I plan to use mainly polystyrene cement for construction, and superglue for the metal parts. I think I'll begin with the chassis, probably at the weekend.

Generally though very pleased at this stage with the quality of parts and service from www.blauturm.de so if you're after a kit of something a little different then give Rene a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment