Tuesday 15 January 2013

Kof shunters foot boards...

Although frowned upon on Home turf, it appears, even today, that shunters regularly ride on the steps of small diesel engines, including the narrow gauge, in Europe.

As my model is inspired by the Zillertal O&K I have added shunters foot boards to each corner of my model. These are 60thou plasticard, superglued to the step and the front of the buffer beam. Small strengthening fillets (as prototype) were added from 40 and 60 thou plasticard.

The Zillertalbahn also uses cable shunting to load roll-wagens. It's shunter has an additional hook on each end. I fashioned these from 60 thou plasticard, with a knife and file. They were glued to a rectangular piece of 40 thou plasticard and superglued to the bufferbeams. Bolt head detail is from styrene section.

You might also see the cab handrail holes are drilled and I've made a start on the rear headlights. I've also got bonnet door handles to add, and some hooks to the underframe which I believe are to support a spare coupling bar (for a roll-wagen). More soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment