Sunday 13 March 2011

Therapy

Well this evening has been hard, it seems Sundays always are since Dad passed away, I often find myself out of sorts, drifting, day dreaming, being non productive.

Despite the big track and coach order due this week I've been scouring the Internet for a reasonably priced LGB Rugen or Frank S, as I want to make a representation of the Franco Belge KDL 11 tanks converted after WW2. Inspired by both their use in Austria as well as Sir Drefaldwyn on the W&L. Alas no luck, luckily, as I'm lacking train funds until later in the year!

So I dug out my sketchbook and copied a photo in the Middleton Press Austrian Narrow Gauge book to depict my U tank and new coaches.

Therapy?

It helped. Day dreaming and surfing for LGB locos though doesn't feel productive though. Time heals.

2 comments:

  1. Time does heal all James... and this looks like a good little diversionary therapy... it is what I used to do mine for - a diversion from everyday life - forget the strains etc... and become totally emersed in something completely absorbing. A good plan! It'll get easier... and keeping all of this going will definately help. Sorry to miss the post until now... keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jon for your kind words and thoughts. It's been a tough week this week, track and coaches are due today though!

    ReplyDelete