Wednesday 14 November 2012

Liliput Kof bash...

Well with an evening free to do some modelling and the railbus priming not taking long I decided to dismantle the Liliput diesel and look at how to modify the LGB cab to fit. Well it went a bit further than that in the end!

First up I cut out a slot on the cab control unit to fit over the motor cover in the Liliput cab with a slitting disc. I then used a razor saw to remove the rear lights and moulded details on the cab. I then pulled out the handrails, and then decided I'd take a look at cutting down the buffer beam.

I racked one corner with the razor saw and in less than ten minutes I had removed the bolt head detail and a sloping corner, more European in outline.

I like the proportions so far and will mock up a bonnet in card to get a better feel of it soon. Am I the first person to bash a LGB Kof cab on to this chassis?

No comments:

Post a Comment