Wednesday 19 December 2012

Kof still smoothing...

I had hoped the second application of Milliput on the body of my Liliput Kof bash would be enough, and although it's looking pretty good there are still a few blemishes on the cab back to address. So more photos, more progress but not much more to see!

However thoughts will now turn to work on the chassis, as this also needs some smoothing. First up will be to strip out the drive unit to keep it free from contamination. Then I'll cut the corners to the buffer beans and remove the screws. I'll then fabricate the brake cylinders and use the excess Milliput to smooth the buffer beams and the can rear. Once these are smoothed I can add the shunters platforms to the step and the buffer beam cable hooks. I then want to add the bonnet doors, vents and hinges, before adding the lighting and finishing with handrails. Then just prior to painting I'll fabricate a coupling bar to sit on the foot plate.

Painting seems a long way away but it's probably only a few hours of modelling in reality. More soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment