Friday 24 August 2012

The etched plates have landed...

I received a very exciting email from Steve at www.narrowplanet.co.uk tonight - my etched nickel silver plates for the Faur (and for the EJ&KLR Schoema) have come back from the etchers!



They look incredible! He's going to paint and finish them before sending them over. The only very slight downer is the Faur builders plates are too large. I originally scaled them from drawings, as I'd not built the kit at the stage I ordered them, I should have checked when Steve drew the artwork up, but I just assumed they'd be right... they're about 2mm too long (checking the step dimensions vs the dimensions I gave Steve) so I'll try and file off the raised border before fitting them. A shame, I will also enquire as if to Steve is etching any more Nickel Silver this year, and if so I'll get another set made smaller.

I have also test wired the motors, pickups and sound chip in the Faur, and given it a tentative test run on my OO controller. All seems well, so I'll give it a proper test on the EJ&KLR this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment