Sunday 29 July 2012

Alisendorf in the 1980s...



Well the weather forecast this afternoon is not so great so with Alex waking up at 6am it meant I was out running trains in the garden before 8.30am!

I've been trying out my re-lettered and titivated stake wagons to represent the EJ&KLR in the 1980s. These have had the decks painted brown (Humbrol 98) with some tan colour dry brushed on whilst it was tacky. I used a fibreglass brush to remove the DR and 'Wernigrode' markings to the sole bars, then added EJ&KLR transfers. The whole wagon was then given a coat of satin varnish and the yellow stakes fitted. Mum and I have identified some decent candidates for a timber load - later in the week

Note that the EJ&KLR always puts the passenger accomodation behind the locomotive - that means at Alisendorf that it's a bit of a trek from the station building to the coach.


EJ&KLR 1980s July 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment