Friday 1 June 2012

Blauturm chassis...

I've continued with the Blauturm Lxd2 kit today grabbing the odd half hour and I'm now well on with the chassis, to the point where I think I need to sort out a sound chip and speaker! The underframe has a speaker grill built into the fuel tanks, yet to be slotted into place but I might struggle to get it in if I leave it much longer, I'll work it all out later on.

The only modification I've made is to score a tapered groove into the top edge of the fuel tank as the prototype isn't smooth here but two pieces, with the tank inset about an inch or so, I couldn't scribe that deep but I hope the slight relief I've added will create the illusion that it's two pieces. This was done with a straight edge and a chisel blade in my smaller scalpel, dragged lightly over the surface at a slight angle until the groove was formed, it is sharp on the top edge and tapered out below.

No comments:

Post a Comment