Wednesday 20 June 2012

Blauturm united...

Well progress on my excellent Blauturm (www.blauturm.de) Faur Lxd2 kit continues.

I've been making some modifications to the kit to better represent the Polish examples, so have hand fashioned some new grab irons on each end. This meant filling and smoothing the existing grab rod holes, which was done by fitting them, then cutting them off flush and using Milliput to fill any remaining gaps.

I also drilled out the bogie mounting holes so that the bogies could be trial fitted, shown here with the side frames on one side also screwed on. In the cab I've added the arm rests but not the fold down seats yet, tonight's job.

I've contacted Rene about remaking some flush glazing for me to which I've had a positive response and I've got a Massoth XLS and Visteon speaker on order with V51 sounds, which will need wiring up.

The last thing not sorted in my mind yet is the lighting arrangements but I've plenty of time as there is still some way to go on the body yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment