Tuesday 19 June 2012

Out into the garden...

Well Ian Stock's book has me spending more time dreaming of the line in the garden here at home. The plot is available and permission is granted, I just want to do it justice and that means taking my time.

Ian talks about theatre and art and thinking not only about the track plan but also the scenery, the views, view blocks and I need to work with the gradient of the plot I think to make the mist of it. That means I'll need an embankment, bigger than the one on the original line. Although I probably will look at more European narrow gauge materials I did have a play building a wall put of the slate available in bucket loads on the existing plot!

Ian also talks about buildings should live outdoors all the time, to be part of the railway, and to seek perfection and modelling is not unrealistic in the garden. Inspiring...

No comments:

Post a Comment