Monday 11 June 2012

Lxd2 cab detail started...

I'm still not quite sure how I'm going to paint the cab and fit the glazing as the roof makes access virtually impossible. The kit glazing is unfortunately not laser cut flush glazing panes either but instead four pieces that make up a box. Problem is they're even difficult to get in! So in the meantime I've started on the cab details.

So far the hand brake is fitted, this, like the prototype sits on a box with rounded edges. I've also knocked up the handrail around the large central box. I made some radiators for behind each cab door too, these are sections of 1mm strip plasticard cut from the kit sprue and then glued together with slices of 1mm diameter plastic-rod. I also started the first of the control boxes, although it still needs the dials adding.

So I think I'm going to need to paint, then seal and protect the cab before fitting the roof and finishing the body. That part is relatively easy. What to do about the glazing, that's the quandary! Anyone know anyone who can do laser cut pieces?

No comments:

Post a Comment