Friday 20 January 2012

Oh for a standard gauge interchange...

Regular readers will have followed my progress with the Roll-wagen now for several months. One thing I'm drawn to in G-scale is the mass of the models and with the Roll-wagen this means the possibility of actually loading your own standard gauge train onto the narrow gauge. There are RTR Roll-wagens in HOe scale (3.5mm to the foot, 1:87 scale) but these are lightweight and look relatively unstable - I certainly wouldn't want to try shunting them into a train adding the connecting links as you move one standard gauge wagon at a time on board... But in G-scale, this feels really possible...

Then I found this video...


Now I'm trying to work out how I can work a standard gauge interchange into the proposed new EJ&KLR branch that I'm planning for my home with work starting later this year...

If that comes to fruition then I may well need to recreate this initial prototype Roll-wagen on a larger, more efficient (and potentially more stable and robust) scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment