Tuesday 31 January 2012

Schoema arrives and a book too...

I've been keeping my eyes peeled now since Christmas to get my hands on an LGB Schoema diesel and tracked down a 2006 starter set example with low mileage.

The locomotive will receive some light body detailing to replace the moulded handrails with brass wire and then a respray in red/orange. Why? It's going to represent the EJ&KLR in more modern times, inspired by images of the StLB on the Ratten line, using a number of diesel electrics on the remaining freight services.

I also received a book I ordered on the German Amazon. Titled 'Steyrtalbahn - Erzbergbahn - Waldviertelbahn', it's a pictorial record, in German. In the UK it was fetching around £20-30 second hand. This one? €6, plus €4 postage. Bargain. It took about a week to arrive but was worth it, it's a lovely collection of beautiful photos, both artistic, historically interesting and capture the life of the railway too. Over 50% of the book is about the Steyrtalbahn, with then a section on a standard gauge rack line and a short section with another set of awesome photographs of the Waldviertelbahn, capturing it's famous 399 Engarths and roll-wagens.

Highly recommended, both the book and the option of using German Amazon to source german language second hand books.

2 comments:

  1. I've got one of these little LGB Schoema diesels and I love it's great pulling power for such a small loco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - yes I look forward to running it with my more modern rolling stock.

    ReplyDelete