Thursday 27 January 2011

And for my next trick, a station...

Sketching and dimensions started to try and calm my nerves (Dad's funeral tomorrow has really shaken me up) for the station at Alison. Those familiar with the Welshpool and Llanfair should recognise it... It's based on the original ticket office at Llanfair.

You can also make out notes on taking the Lilliput diesel a stage further with more drastic modifications inspired by the RhB tractor units featured on Klein Arosa (in Continental Modeller). Removing the Davenport raised wording, the cab rivets, painting orange, black roof, wire handrails..... Is it a step to far? Anyone know how easy they split down?

2 comments:

  1. James, well, the shed's looking good... as are the sketches, but I really just wanted to pass my wishes to you and your family for tomorrow. I hope it all goes well, and that you are able to celebrate your father's life... I feel that you're doing him proud!
    Jon020

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon - that's very very kind - thank you.

    ReplyDelete