Friday 7 January 2011

Memories from 1991...

When I first described this project and it's inspiration - I mentioned the influence of a childhood friend.

I had remembered visiting the Welshpool and Llanfair with him and his father during my time at primary school, and after we met up (after over 12 years) at Christmas, Tim dug out some old family photographs to find a couple that really did bring back nostalgic memories.

















There were taken, we think, in the late spring of 1991, as they show Joan was out of service, by Tim's late father - Mike. For the record, Tim on the right, me on the left in both the mug shots!

Now I know they mean nothing to you, but they show two friends both enjoying a day out on the train and no doubt plotting about either our OO or G-scale layouts - and soaking up the knowledge and information Tim's dad had on all things GWR.

Nostalgia is a funny thing - in this case there are only positives. Thanks for digging them out Tim, and I hope you, reader, appreciate why it's important I share these with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment