Monday 3 January 2011

Making a start on the guards/tool van...

When I aquired the LGB post van over Christmas I always intended to do something with it, as to me, the livery was a little 'busy' and needed toning down a touch. I didn't really know what I wanted to achieve but looking at various projects on G-scale Central gave me an idea.
















So today a start was made, and she was stripped down into her component parts...

















I've taken the opportunity to remove the horizontal bars from the guards window too - which visually makes a big difference.

She is currently sat in the kitchen drying in her primer coat. I've got satin black for the roof, and a choice of a dark olive green or a dark grey for the bodyside - decisions decisions.

Once that's all set and hard in a few weeks I'll have some custom decals made up for her - based on European prototypes but with some custom EJ&KLR titles as well - and use the opportunity to order the Zillertal Bahn ones I need for the coaches as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment