Friday 14 January 2011

The wheels keep turning...

It's been a tough week but modelling it turning out to be both a tribute to my father, and therapy!

The brake van is now finished with glazing added today so work has started on the Zillertal coaches - I'll share more on that project in a seperate post. I've also been working on smaller jobs on the two initial locomotives.

No.1 is the LGB starter set Stainz locomotive.
All over black with no details sounds basic but actually looks much better than the green/black ones in the more expensive sets. LGB sell a similar model for £250ish so I've copied the text of those and had my own custom transfers made up. These are a little small and may be beefed up if I ever do a second - but have gone on well and just waiting on a varnish coat to seal them - I'll do that the same time as the coaches though to save cleaning the airbrush.

No.2 is the Lilliput diesel shunter.
This model was a little 'American' as purchased and so I've removed the running board and cut bar from the buffer beams. The LGB buffer was fitted to the coupler and a box fabricated around the shaft to form the buffer housing - visually quite successful. I have also lettered this one up with more custom transfers, the EJ&K and No.2 on the buffer beams.

I feel I want to get something else - something to act in my mind as a place marker, a memory of this week. Originally I was convinced I wanted a LGB Corpet - but I am finding myself drawn to the U-tanks (0-6-2) and I've got my eyes on one for £370ish brand new. It's a lot of money though - a lot of track - so we'll see how things pan out in the next 7 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment