Tuesday 25 January 2011

Engine Shed at Alison...

Work starts today on the Engine Shed for the EJ&KLR. Although this sketch doesn't yet show the roof arrangement it gives vital dimensions and an impression of the building I'm hoping to build. It takes inspiration from Austrian narrow gauge sheds, but also the running shed at Llanfair on the W&LLR.

It will be constructed from 6, 9 and 12mm MDF. Starting this is quite emotional as I never had a chance to share my plans with my father before he passed away. I want to do a good job, and create something he'd be both happy with and proud of, and have selected materials, construction methods and finishing from his arsenal of skills as in the past he was always the man who did the scenery.

If it ever stops raining here I shall start construction this afternoon!


No comments:

Post a Comment